A condition in women when the endometrium (which is the inner lining of the uterus) grows outside the uterus is called endometriosis. It is a painful condition where the endometrium thickens and breaks down leading to bleeding from the pelvic area.
What Are The Symptoms Of Endometriosis?
- Women suffering from endometriosis experience excess and very painful cramps during the menstrual cycle.
- There is excess bleeding from the endometrium layer. There is also excessive menstrual bleeding.
- Women with endometriosis experience pain during sexual intercourse.
- There is a continuous pain in the abdominal area and also in legs.
- Women often complain of bloating, nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, and uneasiness.
- Some women also have painful bowel movements and while urinating.
Ready to get started? Please contact us today and we’ll be happy to provide a free, no obligation quote.
What Are The Effects Of Endometriosis?
Endometriosis involves a lot of risks including:
- Immune System Disorder
- Retrograde menstruation
- Surgical scarring
- Embryonic cell growth
- It also has a huge effect on the fertility of women.
How Endometriosis Affects Fertility?
It has been revealed through different researches that in women with endometriosis, the eggs the embryos formed from those eggs are of very low quality. This indicates that the chances of getting pregnant in these women are very low and even after conception, there are risks involved like miscarriage and chromosomal defects in the child born.
The excess cell growth in endometriosis can also stick to the uterus or the fallopian tubes or the other tubes blocking the passage of the sperms and other liquids to and from the uterus. This can lead in blockages that prevent the sperm to meet the egg and thus result in infertility.
Dr Pranay Shah
Director and Chief Fertility Consultant
Dr. Divyesh Bhalodia
Counseller and Communicator
Dr. Dhruti Maheshwari
What Are The Treatments For Endometriosis?
There are many ways to treat endometriosis.
- Medication can be given in the form tablets or injections, or sprays.
- For extreme cases, there is also a surgery that the women can undergo laparoscopic surgery and remove the excessive grown endometrium lining.
- For women who are affected with endometriosis and are looking to get pregnant, IVF treatments from the reputed and best IVF centres in India is an option with the highest success rate.
Ask anyone troubles with infertility how troubled they are due to infertility. How taking rounds to even the best infertility clinics and surrogacy hospitals has made them miserable. Infertility affects…
Various factors influence pregnancy. Men and women both need to be ready physically to conceive and get pregnant and for the pregnancy to be healthy and to avoid any risk…