The polycystic ovarian syndrome is a common syndrome in women. Women with PCOS run a high risk of infertility. In this condition, multiple cysts (polycystic) are formed in the ovaries. This harms the quality of eggs and the ovary. Women of any age can get PCOS and the causes of PCOS are unidentified. IVF treatment is one of the best fertility treatment for PCOS and also have options for that you need to visit the best fertility doctor for PCOS treatment and have a baby with their advanced medical guidance.
What are the symptoms of PCOS?
- Irregular periods or no periods or abnormally prolonged menstrual cycle
- Unexplained anxiety and mood swings
- Increased secretion of male hormones in the body
- Acne, skin diseases and increased facial and body hair.
- Abnormal weight gain
What are the effects of PCOS?
- PCOS often affects the reproductive system because PCOS leads to irregular menstrual cycles a disturbed menstrual cycle leads to a disturbed ovulation cycle.
- PCOS also leads to hormonal imbalance which is a bigger challenge. There is a mild increase in testosterone levels which interfere with the ovaries.
- Multiple cysts are formed in the ovaries which have the tendency to kill the eggs that are formed in every ovulation cycle. As a result, women with PCOS have lower chances of conception.
- The cysts attack the maturation process of eggs. Since the eggs do not mature, the ovulation is not triggered. Thus it leads to a disturbed ovulation cycle.
- Since the ovulation cycles are disturbed, the hormonal levels are disturbed. The estrogen and progesterone levels become lower while there is an increase in the androgen levels.
- All of these conditions are a major contributor to infertility in women.
What is the cure for PCOS?
PCOS can be dealt with in two approaches.
Through corrective lifestyle measures which include:
- Consuming a balanced diet. In case the woman’s body lacks some food supplements, taking external food supplements will also reduce the risk of PCOS.
- Exercising keeps the hormone levels at bay. Thus regular exercises and walks will help keep the estrogen, testosterone levels in the limit.
- PCOS is also said to be due to stress hence attending stress management sessions can also reduce the chances of getting PCOS.
Through medication and treatment:
- Women with PCOS can always take the alternate route of IVF treatment, Ovulation induction, or Intrauterine insemination on consulting the best IVF doctor in India. Wellspring IVF & Women’s Hospital is one of the best PCOS clinics in India where we provide the best fertility treatment for PCOS at an affordable cost.