What Are Sperms?
Sperms are contained in the semen which is ejaculated from the penis of men during sexual intercourse. The sperms contain the DNA which merge with the eggs in the woman’s body and the woman thus conceives.
What Is The Normal Sperm Count Range?
Sperm count is one of the major factors that determine the fertility in men. The normal range of sperms is 20 million to 300 million sperms per millimeter. If the sperm count is found to be below this range, the sperm count is considered to be ‘low’
How Does Low Sperms Count Affect The Fertility?
Sperms swim to the eggs through the tubes in the female body, mate with the eggs and form an embryo which develops into the foetus and then the baby develops. The more the sperm count, more are the chances of conception. Thus a low sperm count decreases the chance of conception. Leading to infertility. Infertility in men is also very common to overcome this you need to visit male fertility doctor for IVF treatment to have a baby.
Ready to get started? Please contact us today and we’ll be happy to provide a free, no obligation quote.
What Are The Reasons For Low Sperm Count?
- A pre-existing genetic condition
- Alcoholism, smoking, consuming tobacco or other drugs.
- Severe mumps infection after puberty
- Hernia treatment
- Hormonal imbalance
- Exposure radiation, poisonous chemicals or harmful gases.
- Blockages caused due to infections
- Groin injuries or pelvic injuries.
- Wearing restrictive or tight underwear
How To Identify Infertility Due To Low Sperm Count?
The issues with sperm count come to light only when the couple is unable to conceive despite several attempts. The quality of the sperm can be examined using:
- Semen analysis: A test where the semen is tested for its sperm content.
- Blood test: To check if there are any infections.
- Checking for blockages, allergies or restrictions in the penis
- Physically examining the penis, scrotum, and prostate.
Dr Pranay Shah
Director and Chief Fertility Consultant
Dr. Divyesh Bhalodia
Counseller and Communicator
Dr. Dhruti Maheshwari
How To Restore Low Sperm Count?
- IntraCytoplasmic Sperm Injection can be done in the best infertility treatment clinic in India.
- Taking medication which increase the sperm production.
- Taking medicines that will restore the hormonal imbalance.
- Avoid taking hot long showers, steam and saunas
- Aversion from addictions
- If the sperm count is too low, a sperm donor can be appointed and assisted pregnancy methods like IVF treatment, ICSI treatment in India can be used.
Nowadays, in a hectic life schedule, people lack in maintaining their health. Several problems are arising due to a stressful lifestyle. The issue of infertility is rising rapidly in males,…
IVF, In Vitro Fertilization, has been around from past few years but until a few years ago, many considered it as a complicated infertility treatment procedure. The procedure was previously…
IVF, In Vitro Fertilization, is a treatment used to cure the problem of infertility primarily. Whether the problem of infertility is related to the male or female, the treatment can…