The reasons behind the childlessness of a couple could be many. That is why an IVF center in India first diagnoses the exact cause of the infertility rather than starting test tube baby treatment immediately.
What is IUI Treatment?
Intrauterine Insemination which is commonly known as IUI is a kind of fertility treatment that includes placing the sperm right inside the uterus in order to induce fertilization. The main goal of this technique is to increase the chances of getting pregnant naturally by enhancing the number of sperms directly into the uterus usually offered together with ovulation-inducing drugs, which increase the chances of pregnancy, and Trans-Vaginal Ultrasound (TVS), which helps in predicting ovulation.
We at Well Spring IVF & Women’s Hospital provide the effective IUI treatment in India with the advantages to kick off the fertilization by injecting sperms into the uterus, but still the sperms must need to reach and fertilize the egg on its own. The IUI procedure required minimum invasion and minimum expense when compared to the other fertility treatments like IVF.
When IUI is used?
The main reason for using IUI treatment is for having the low sperm count or for the sperm mobility. But, however the IUI treatment in India may be selected as the best fertility treatment for the following conditions as well:
- Ejaculation dysfunction
- Unexplained infertility
- Cervical scar tissue from the past process which may obstruct the sperm’s capacity to reach the fallopian tubes
- A hostile cervical condition like cervical mucus
Furthermore, this process is not suitable for female having the following conditions
- Female with a choric pelvic infections
- Female who have sever disease of fallopian tubes
- Female with sever endometriosis
What is the IUI procedure?
Before initiating the intrauterine insemination, the ovulation-stimulating medications can be used. This will increase number of eggs that will produce by your fallopian tubes. Then we will carefully monitor and determine the maturity of the eggs. The IUI procedure will then perform around the time of ovulation, in general around 24 to 36 hours after the rise of the LH hormone in your body. This indicates the ovulation will occur soon.
To separate semen from semen, the semen will be washed by the lab. Then catheter will be used to place sperms directly into the uterus. This procedure is most likely to be preserved in the womb, which is the maximum number of seminal cells, thus the likelihood of conception is much more. IUI The process only takes a few minutes and has the least inconvenience. The next step is to look at pregnancy signs and symptoms.
Ready to get started? Please contact us today and we’ll be happy to provide a free, no obligation quote.
Who is IUI Intended For?
Following cases need to go for Intrauterine insemination as a solution
Female Infertility Indications:
- Endometriosis – For infertility caused due to endometriosis of varying degrees, the first line of treatment usually involves ovulation induction for obtaining the best eggs and releasing sperm through IUI.
- Cervical Factor Infertility – During ovulation, the cervix produces mucus which is supposed to facilitate easier movement of the sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tubes. But if this mucus is abnormally thick, it makes the sperm’s journey difficult. With IUI, the cervix is bypassed as the sperm are directly deposited into the uterus, which means the larger number of sperms can meet the egg.
- Semen Allergy – In rare cases, a woman might be allergic to the protein in her partner’s semen. So when her partner ejaculates into her vagina, it can result in burning, swelling, and redness of areas that come into contact with the partner’s semen. For women who are severely sensitive to their partner’s semen, IUI is useful as it helps to remove the semen’s protein content before placing it into the uterus.
Male Infertility Indications:
- Donor Sperm – Women who choose to get pregnant using donor sperm mostly undergo IUI to get pregnant.
- Male Partner Infections – If the male in the couple has HIV or Hepatitis, Specialist washes the obtained sperm repeatedly with culture media to remove the serum. This repeated washing makes sperm sample free of infections. This eliminates the risk of transmitting any infection from the male partner to the female partner.
- Mild Male Infertility – Also known as subfertility, it’s when the semen analysis of the male partner shows the sperm to be of average concentration, have poor movement or structurally abnormal. An IUI treatment procedure can help in such cases to an extent as the procedure separates good quality sperm from the bad ones.
- Inadequate Cohabitation – There are cases where either one of the partners is away from home for extended periods of time. The specialist preserves the male partner’s sperm before transferring into the uterus during ovulation in IUI treatment.
- Unexplained Infertility means cases where the specialist cannot find the exact cause of infertility. In those cases, the first line of treatment starts with IUI and ovulation-inducing drugs.
What is The IUI Treatment Success Rate in India ?
The success rate of the IUI treatment in India is based on many factors. A couple is in the IUI process every month, so if the IUI rate of success can reach 20% per cycle of such women era, use of such drugs can be used with other variables because of reproductive sterility. While IUI is less invasive and less costly, IUI pregnancy rate is less than IVF. If you think you are interested in the IUI, talk to your doctor to discuss your options.
Furthermore, due to its uncomplicated nature, the average cost of IUI is quite low. This makes it possible for couples to undergo multiple IUI cycles without incurring too much expense. IUI success rate is generally higher when Hormonal injection used for ovarian stimulation instead of oral medications.
- With one IUI cycle only, a woman has a 15 to 20 percent chance of achieving pregnancy. (From Wikipedia data on Artificial Insemination)
- With 3 to 6 IUI cycles, the chances of achieving pregnancy can go as high as 80 percent.
- IUI’s pregnancy rate is similar to, or marginally lower than, that of fertile couples who achieve pregnancy without any assistance.
There are also certain factors that influence the success of IUI. These include,
- The woman’s age. The IUI success rates by age vary significantly.
- Sperm sample. Very low sperm count can decrease IUI Success rate.
- The status of the woman’s fallopian tube (at least one tube should be open).
Some couples want to explore more traditional or counter-efforts before finding sterilization procedures. If you are trying to get pregnancy and looking for a resource to support your efforts, then we invite you to get a free consultation from our fertility experts. We guide you to select the best fertility treatment with respect to your infertility issue, type of infertility and financial aspects.
The next step if IUI fails to work for a couple is to go for the Test Tube Baby Procedure. A couple can avail of the same at any reputed IVF or surrogacy center in India.Thanks to advances in the field, the IVF Treatment charge in India is among the lowest anywhere in the world.
Ask anyone troubles with infertility how troubled they are due to infertility. How taking rounds to even the best infertility clinics and surrogacy hospitals has made them miserable. Infertility affects…
Various factors influence pregnancy. Men and women both need to be ready physically to conceive and get pregnant and for the pregnancy to be healthy and to avoid any risk…
Having children is a part of everyone’s life. Some like to plan early in their life and start their family early, while some couples put their career first and plan…
IVF treatments have become quite the rage with lakhs of IVF babies born every year from Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART). Couples around the world find their dreams coming true when…