The reasons behind the childlessness of a couple could be many. That is why an IVF center in India first diagnoses the exact cause of the infertility rather than starting test tube baby treatment immediately.
What is IUI Treatment?
Intrauterine Insemination which is commonly known as IUI is a kind of fertility treatment that includes placing the sperm right inside the uterus in order to induce fertilization. The main goal of this technique is to increase the chances of getting pregnant naturally by enhancing the number of sperms directly into the uterus usually offered together with ovulation-inducing drugs, which increase the chances of pregnancy, and Trans-Vaginal Ultrasound (TVS), which helps in predicting ovulation.
We at Well Spring IVF & Women’s Hospital provide the effective IUI treatment in India with the advantages to kick off the fertilization by injecting sperms into the uterus, but still the sperms must need to reach and fertilize the egg on its own. The IUI procedure required minimum invasion and minimum expense when compared to the other fertility treatments like IVF.
When IUI is used?
The main reason for using IUI treatment is for having the low sperm count or for the sperm mobility. But, however the IUI treatment in India may be selected as the best fertility treatment for the following conditions as well:
- Ejaculation dysfunction
- Unexplained infertility
- Cervical scar tissue from the past process which may obstruct the sperm’s capacity to reach the fallopian tubes
- A hostile cervical condition like cervical mucus
Furthermore, this process is not suitable for female having the following conditions
- Female with a choric pelvic infections
- Female who have sever disease of fallopian tubes
- Female with sever endometriosis
What is the IUI procedure?
Before initiating the intrauterine insemination, the ovulation-stimulating medications can be used. This will increase number of eggs that will produce by your fallopian tubes. Then we will carefully monitor and determine the maturity of the eggs. The IUI procedure will then perform around the time of ovulation, in general around 24 to 36 hours after the rise of the LH hormone in your body. This indicates the ovulation will occur soon.
To separate semen from semen, the semen will be washed by the lab. Then catheter will be used to place sperms directly into the uterus. This procedure is most likely to be preserved in the womb, which is the maximum number of seminal cells, thus the likelihood of conception is much more. IUI The process only takes a few minutes and has the least inconvenience. The next step is to look at pregnancy signs and symptoms.
Ready to get started? Please contact us today and we’ll be happy to provide a free, no obligation quote.
Who is IUI Intended For?
Following cases need to go for Intrauterine insemination as a solution
Female Infertility Indications:
- Endometriosis – For infertility caused due to endometriosis of varying degrees, the first line of treatment usually involves ovulation induction for obtaining the best eggs and releasing sperm through IUI.
- Cervical Factor Infertility – During ovulation, the cervix produces mucus which is supposed to facilitate easier movement of the sperm from the vagina to the fallopian tubes. But if this mucus is abnormally thick, it makes the sperm’s journey difficult. With IUI, the cervix is bypassed as the sperm are directly deposited into the uterus, which means the larger number of sperms can meet the egg.
- Semen Allergy – In rare cases, a woman might be allergic to the protein in her partner’s semen. So when her partner ejaculates into her vagina, it can result in burning, swelling, and redness of areas that come into contact with the partner’s semen. For women who are severely sensitive to their partner’s semen, IUI is useful as it helps to remove the semen’s protein content before placing it into the uterus.
Male Infertility Indications:
- Donor Sperm – Women who choose to get pregnant using donor sperm mostly undergo IUI to get pregnant.
- Male Partner Infections – If the male in the couple has HIV or Hepatitis, Specialist washes the obtained sperm repeatedly with culture media to remove the serum. This repeated washing makes sperm sample free of infections. This eliminates the risk of transmitting any infection from the male partner to the female partner.
- Mild Male Infertility – Also known as subfertility, it’s when the semen analysis of the male partner shows the sperm to be of average concentration, have poor movement or structurally abnormal. An IUI treatment procedure can help in such cases to an extent as the procedure separates good quality sperm from the bad ones.
- Inadequate Cohabitation – There are cases where either one of the partners is away from home for extended periods of time. The specialist preserves the male partner’s sperm before transferring into the uterus during ovulation in IUI treatment.
- Unexplained Infertility means cases where the specialist cannot find the exact cause of infertility. In those cases, the first line of treatment starts with IUI and ovulation-inducing drugs.
What is The IUI Treatment Success Rate in India ?
The success rate of the IUI treatment in India is based on many factors. A couple is in the IUI process every month, so if the IUI rate of success can reach 20% per cycle of such women era, use of such drugs can be used with other variables because of reproductive sterility. While IUI is less invasive and less costly, IUI pregnancy rate is less than IVF. If you think you are interested in the IUI, talk to your doctor to discuss your options.
Furthermore, due to its uncomplicated nature, the IUI Cost In India is quite low. This makes it possible for couples to undergo multiple IUI cycles without incurring too much expense. IUI success rate is generally higher when Hormonal injection used for ovarian stimulation instead of oral medications.
- With one IUI cycle only, a woman has a 15 to 20 percent chance of achieving pregnancy. (From Wikipedia data on Artificial Insemination)
- With 3 to 6 IUI cycles, the chances of achieving pregnancy can go as high as 80 percent.
- IUI’s pregnancy rate is similar to, or marginally lower than, that of fertile couples who achieve pregnancy without any assistance.
There are also certain factors that influence the success of IUI. These include,
- The woman’s age. The IUI success rates by age vary significantly.
- Sperm sample. Very low sperm count can decrease IUI Success rate.
- The status of the woman’s fallopian tube (at least one tube should be open).
Some couples want to explore more traditional or counter-efforts before finding sterilization procedures. If you are trying to get pregnancy and looking for a resource to support your efforts, then we invite you to get a free consultation from our fertility experts. We guide you to select the best fertility treatment with respect to your infertility issue, type of infertility and financial aspects.
The next step if IUI fails to work for a couple is to go for the Test Tube Baby Procedure. A couple can avail of the same at any reputed IVF or surrogacy center in India.Thanks to advances in the field, the IVF Treatment charge in India is among the lowest anywhere in the world.
After undergoing IUI treatment you shouldn’t do the following things which may decrease your IUI Success Rate:
- Don’t Take Pain Relief Medicines
- Do Not Take Stress
- Avoid Sex
- Do Not Do Heavy Lifting
- Avoid Swimming
- Don’t Expose Yourself to Harmful Radiation
- Do Not Smoke or Drink
Things you should do after undergoing IUI treatment:
- Take Rest
- Eat Healthy Diet
- Stay Positive
- Do Light Exercise
- Visit the Doctor
- Take only Prescribed Medicines
It will be better if you perform IUI within 6 hours of the ovulation process. Then after taking an hCG injection, the IUI’s are usually done between 24 and 48 hours later. If your Fertility Doctor suggests you for the two IUI procedures then there should be gap of 24 hours in between these IUI procedures.
Every couple will have a different response to IUI, so it can be difficult to find out the exact IUI success. The factors which affect the chances of getting pregnant with IUI including:
- Woman age
- Infertility diagnosis
- Whether fertility drugs are used
- Other underlying fertility Issues
Success rates for IUI tend to decrease in women over the age of 40
Couples with infertility often start treatment with IUI, which is much less invasive than IVF. IUI can be a good for infertile couples facing issues involving ovulation or unexplained infertility. Where IVF is usually recommended for couples facing the issues like:
- Severe male infertility
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Lack of success using IUI
- Having certain genetic disorders
Types of infertility differ from person to person, so you should meet with a fertility specialist to review your history and he/she will recommend either you need IUI or IVF Treatment.
Success rates of IUI depend on many factors like age of the couple, sperm count and tubal patency etc. To increase your chances, you should follow some tips in to increase your chances of getting pregnant i.e.
- Men should abstain from ejaculation for 3 days before the IUI procedure that increases the semen.
- Don’t take High stress or pressure.
- Eat Healthy and Exercise Regularly, If you’ve not been able to conceive after 3 IUI cycles then consult to your Infertility Doctor.
Infertility Doctor suggests for a short period of Bed Rest after IUI. It’s about 10 to 20 mins bed rest can affect positively on the pregnancy rate. It’s a common myth that bed rest is necessary to improve the chances of conception after intrauterine insemination (IUI). This isn’t to prevent the sperm from leaking out.
A pregnancy test can detect pregnancy before a woman misses her period; some women may notice symptoms as even earlier than this. Early signs and symptoms are implantation bleeding or cramps which occurs after the 5-7 days after the sperm fertilizes the egg, And also another symptom is breast tenderness and mood changes.
Facts About India
- WellSpring IVF Women Hospital is proud to offer IUI treatment in India, which is located in the Ahmedabad, Gujarat state of India.
- India is the 7th largest country by area in the world.
- India is previously known as the Republic of India.
- There are 46 metropolitan cities in India,8 of these are considered as Mega Cities.
- NCR is India’s largest agglomeration and one of the largest agglomerations in the world.
- India encompasses notable heritage assets including India Gate, Taj Mahal, Red Fort.
- India has the largest postal network in the world with more than 150,000 post offices.
- Hirakud Dam is of the largest dam in India which located in Odisha.
- India is comprising of 29 states and 7 union territories including Delhi, Chandigarh, Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Kerala, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh and more.
- India is bordered by China, Nepal, and Bhutan to the north-east.
- India telephone calling code is +91.
- India is the best place for IUI Treatment at low cost with high success rate. India
- Internet country code is .IN and Time Zone is IST (UTC+05:30).
- In addition WellSpring IVF Women’s Hospital is one of the Best IUI center in India
- The top cities of India are Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Indore, Lucknow, Bhopal, Kochi, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad and many more.
- The famous universities of India are the University of Delhi, the Indian Institute of Science, Jawaharlal Nehru University, Banaras Hindu University and the University of Calcutta and many more.
- The official currency of India is Indian Rupee.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a top medical college and government hospital in India.
Nowadays, in a hectic life schedule, people lack in maintaining their health. Several problems are arising due to a stressful lifestyle. The issue of infertility is rising rapidly in males,…
IVF, In Vitro Fertilization, has been around from past few years but until a few years ago, many considered it as a complicated infertility treatment procedure. The procedure was previously…
IVF, In Vitro Fertilization, is a treatment used to cure the problem of infertility primarily. Whether the problem of infertility is related to the male or female, the treatment can…