Fallopian tubes are the tubes connecting the ovaries to the uterus. These tubes form a path for the semen to reach the ovaries where the sperms combine with the eggs and an embryo is formed. This is the most natural process through which a woman gets pregnant. Blockage in fallopian tubes does not allow the sperms to reach to the ovaries stopping the natural way of embryo formation and thus childbirth.
What Are The Reasons For Blocked Fallopian Tubes?
- Uterine infection that was caused during abortion or miscarriage
- Due to sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia or gonorrhoea
- Due to embryonic cell growth due at the time of Endometriosis
- Due to a ruptured appendix
- Blockages formed during abdominal surgery
- Previously had Ectopic pregnancy
- Fallopian tubes disturbed during a previous surgery.
Ready to get started? Please contact us today and we’ll be happy to provide a free, no obligation quote.
How Are The Fallopian Blockages Detected?
Many women come to know about the blockage when they start seeking an expert’s help for infertility treatment. The experts can find the blockages through an x-ray or an ultrasound dye test or through a laparoscopic procedure.
How Can The Blocked Fallopian Tubes Be Treated?
The blocked fallopian tubes can be treated through medical help.
- The blockage can be removed by performing a surgery. The severity of the surgery depends on where the blockage exactly is. If the blockage is at either of the ends of the fallopian tube, it can be removed by performing a “key-hole” laparoscopic surgery. Once the blockage is removed, the woman can get pregnant naturally.
- For the blockages that cannot be treated, IVF treatment is a good news. Through IVF treatment fallopian tubal blockage can be surpassed and the embryo can be inseminated in the uterus.
Dr Pranay Shah
Director and Chief Fertility Consultant
Dr. Divyesh Bhalodia
Counseller and Communicator
Dr. Dhruti Maheshwari
Nowadays, in a hectic life schedule, people lack in maintaining their health. Several problems are arising due to a stressful lifestyle. The issue of infertility is rising rapidly in males,…
IVF, In Vitro Fertilization, has been around from past few years but until a few years ago, many considered it as a complicated infertility treatment procedure. The procedure was previously…
IVF, In Vitro Fertilization, is a treatment used to cure the problem of infertility primarily. Whether the problem of infertility is related to the male or female, the treatment can…