Infertility is a serious problem faced by couples. Not being able to conceive a child is very heartbreaking news for the couple. The couple is startled when after several attempts of getting pregnant, the result is still negative. Male infertility is a growing problem and the number of men, facing the problem are many. For men suffering from sterility, there can be various reasons. Male infertility can be cured with certain medications and by bringing significant changes in the lifestyle, but the problem needs to be identified first.
Male infertility Tests:
To test infertility, to conclude the reason for infertility and then to come up with the right cure, there are some tests that the patient is run through. Almost all the top 5 infertility clinics in India ask men to take the following diagnostic tests to find out the exact problem, to begin with, the infertility treatments:
Varicocele is a problem that is one of the common problems leads to infertility in men. To test the severity and the kind of blockage that is created on the blockage, a scrotal ultrasound is helpful. It helps the doctor to see if there is varicocele or something else that is interrupting the testicles. In this test, high-frequency sound waves are sent to produce images inside the body.
Retrograde ejaculation can cause severe troubles. Apart from infertility, it can cause other health issues. It is important to perform tests for the same. Post-ejaculation urinalysis is a test that tests the urine for sperm content. If sperm is found in the urine, it means that the sperm travels backwards in the bladder instead of passing out through the penis.
Hormonal balance plays a very vital role in the reproductive system in both male and female. Hormones produced by the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus gland and testicles are the sexuality drivers and are responsible for sexual development and also in sperm production. A hormonal test is a test that identifies the hormonal imbalance. If the hormones are not balanced, the balance can be brought by prescribing medicines, through dietary consultation and also through injectables.
In this test, a sample from testicles are extracted and tested for the injection of blockage. The biopsy gives a clear picture of what is wrong and also the reason for infertility.
The sperm is collected and checked for quality. Ther sperm count, the sperm motility rate is checked to see whether the sperm is fit to swim and combine with the female egg. If the problem in the sperm persists even after medication, an external sperm donor can be used to IVF treatment. All the top 5 infertility clinics in India have a list of the sperm bank.
To check the prostate gland and what is interfering and blocking the tube that carries sperm. For this test, a lubricated wand is inserted through the rectum up until the prostate and the veins can be seen. The doctor through the wand can see the ejaculatory ducts and seminal vesicles.
The above tests reveal the severity of the problem and help in asserting clinical diagnosis. There are specialized machines and experts in all the top 5 infertility clinics in India to perform the tests.
When to approach specialist for Male infertility tests?
Whenever a couple approaches a doctor for being unable to conceive through the natural process, the doctor asks the patient to run through the tests. Many couples have a question that when should they opt for the infertility tests. Here are some of the symptoms that if occur, you should take infertility tests:
- Problems with sexual function — for example, difficulty with ejaculation or small volumes of fluid ejaculated, reduced sexual desire or difficulty maintaining an erection (erectile dysfunction)
- Pain, swelling or a lump in the testicle area
- Recurrent respiratory infections
- Inability to smell
- Abnormal breast growth (gynecomastia)
- Decreased facial or body hair or other signs of a chromosomal or hormonal abnormality
- Having a lower than normal sperm count. (fewer than 15 million sperm per ml of semen or a total sperm count of less than 39 million per ejaculate)
Male Infertility Treatment:
The tests that are asked by the doctor are to find the exact reason for infertility. This helps in proceeding with the medication. Many of the issues that lead to infertility can be rectified by s course of some medicines. For the issues that cannot be cured through medication, there are surgeries like TESE, PESA..etc, that can be done. If there is a lot of risks involved in the surgery, the sperms can be inseminated in the woman’s uterus, of IVF treatment can be taken. Another option to opt for an external sperm donor and then go for IVF.
- Fresh embryo transfer Vs FET - 18th May 2019
- Endometrial Scratching in IVF - 18th May 2019
- 6 Tips to Choose the Right IVF Center in India - 3rd May 2019
- 6 Important Steps of a Single IVF Cycle - 3rd May 2019
- Blocked Fallopian Tubes and Ectopic Pregnancy - 11th December 2018
- Benefits of Folic Acid During Pregnancy - 29th November 2018
- Testosterone in Women - 20th November 2018
- Causes and Symptoms of Miscarriages - 16th November 2018
- Does Fertility gets affected by changing Lifestyle - 2nd November 2018
- What is Progesterone Hormone and how it is related to Pregnancy - 26th October 2018