21 May 7 Fertility Boosting Hacks for Women Who Want to Get Pregnant
Entering parenthood is an important decision for couples. However, there is no guarantee that a couple will conceive immediately once they make that all-important decision. But a healthy lifestyle alongside regular sexual intercourse without using birth control significantly raises the odds of a couple achieving pregnancy within one year.
Even the best fertility clinic in India asks its patients to be mindful of these factors when trying to achieve pregnancy.
- Maintain Body Weight – Make sure you are not overweight or underweight. A healthy weight keeps your reproductive cycle active and balanced. BMI (Body Mass Index) helps you understand what your ideal weight should be. A BMI between 19 and 24 indicates a healthy weight. Being overweight or underweight can lead to irregular periods which reduces a woman’s fertility.
- Regular Exercise – Regular moderate exercise builds stamina, increases flexibility and circulation, reduces depression/stress and anxiety, and helps boost fertility. At the same time, rigorous or heavy exercise can cause an irregular menstrual cycle, which leads to infertility. Yoga and meditation are excellent ways to manage stress and body weight while helping boost fertility.
- Quit Drinking & Smoking – It is necessary to quit drinking and smoking when you are planning to get pregnant. Every man and woman wanting to have a baby should quit smoking and drinking as it can affect their and their future baby’s health. It also increases the risk of miscarriages and reduces sperm quality.
- Healthy Diet – Maintain a healthy diet that is rich in whole grains, green leafy vegetables, and fruits. Also try to include as much proteins as you can; like lean meat, chicken, fish, and eggs.
- Time Sexual Intercourse – If you are planning to conceive, have sex regularly. It also pays to time sexual intercourse to your partner’s fertility cycle. Sex before as well as after ovulation greatly increases a woman’s chances of getting pregnant. Regular sex is also known to improve female fertility.