Nowadays, infertility is a common problem that affects a lot of couples. A couple is termed infertile if they are unable to achieve pregnancy after regularly trying for at least one year. Among couples who come in for Test Tube Baby Treatment in India, it is observed that both men and women are equally affected by infertility.
Among males, a common reason for infertility is low sperm count. If you suspect you are suffering from infertility, get a semen analysis done as it will reveal your sperm count. If the count is lower than 10 million sperm per milliliter of semen, it is considered to be low. The main task is to increase this count naturally without resorting to any medications. Increasing sperm count helps to conceive naturally and also needed for best IVF success rates.
A low sperm count can be caused by several things like an erratic lifestyle, chemical and radiation exposure, narcotics abuse, heavy metal exposure, cigarette smoking, and excessive alcohol consumption.
Here are some tips to increase sperm count naturally,
1) Diet: A healthy diet leads to a healthy life. So consume a diet full of fish, poultry, meat, eggs, dairy, fresh fruits, leafy vegetables, legumes and whole grains as they help boost health, which in turn aids fertility. The end result of good health is a healthy sperm count. Peanuts, walnuts, cashews, sunflower and pumpkin seeds can also boost the sperm count.
2) Regular Exercise: Regular and moderate exercise helps to increase sperm count. Exercise releases more testosterone into your body, which helps increase sperm production as well. However, excessive exercise should be avoided as it causes a testosterone deficiency, which lowers the sperm count.
3) Avoid Tight Underwear – Overheating of the testicles results in the lowering of the sperm count. One reason for this is excessively tight underwear. It’s recommended to wear loose underwear made from soft cotton. Not wearing underwear while sleeping at night also helps to keep the testicles cool and aids sperm production.
4) Avoid Excessive Smoking and Drinking – Regular and excessive drinking and smoking cause a reduction in the sperm count as well as sperm motility.
- Blocked Fallopian Tubes and Ectopic Pregnancy - 11th December 2018
- Benefits of Folic Acid During Pregnancy - 29th November 2018
- Testosterone in Women - 20th November 2018
- Causes and Symptoms of Miscarriages - 16th November 2018
- Does Fertility gets affected by changing Lifestyle - 2nd November 2018
- What is Progesterone Hormone and how it is related to Pregnancy - 26th October 2018
- What is Infertility and how IVF treatment helps to get Pregnant - 16th October 2018
- Tips to Improve IVF Success Rate - 9th October 2018
- Extend your fertility with Egg Freezing - 28th September 2018
- Are IVF Babies Normal as Compared to Natural Pregnancy Babies - 25th September 2018