Nowadays, infertility is a common problem that affects a lot of couples. A couple is termed infertile if they are unable to achieve pregnancy after regularly trying for at least one year. Among couples who come in for Test Tube Baby Treatment in India, it is observed that both men and women are equally affected by infertility.
Among males, a common reason for infertility is low sperm count. If you suspect you are suffering from infertility, get a semen analysis done as it will reveal your sperm count. If the count is lower than 10 million sperm per milliliter of semen, it is considered to be low. The main task is to increase this count naturally without resorting to any medications. Increasing sperm count helps to conceive naturally and also needed for best IVF success rates.
A low sperm count can be caused by several things like an erratic lifestyle, chemical and radiation exposure, narcotics abuse, heavy metal exposure, cigarette smoking, and excessive alcohol consumption.
Here are some tips to increase sperm count naturally,
1) Diet: A healthy diet leads to a healthy life. So consume a diet full of fish, poultry, meat, eggs, dairy, fresh fruits, leafy vegetables, legumes and whole grains as they help boost health, which in turn aids fertility. The end result of good health is a healthy sperm count. Peanuts, walnuts, cashews, sunflower and pumpkin seeds can also boost the sperm count.
2) Regular Exercise: Regular and moderate exercise helps to increase sperm count. Exercise releases more testosterone into your body, which helps increase sperm production as well. However, excessive exercise should be avoided as it causes a testosterone deficiency, which lowers the sperm count.
3) Avoid Tight Underwear – Overheating of the testicles results in the lowering of the sperm count. One reason for this is excessively tight underwear. It’s recommended to wear loose underwear made from soft cotton. Not wearing underwear while sleeping at night also helps to keep the testicles cool and aids sperm production.
4) Avoid Excessive Smoking and Drinking – Regular and excessive drinking and smoking cause a reduction in the sperm count as well as sperm motility.
- Things to Avoid After IUI - 7th April 2020
- How to Choose Best IVF Centre Near Me - 7th April 2020
- Easy Ways to Immediately Enhance Men’s Sperm Count - 8th July 2019
- How much does IVF Cost in India – IVF Cost in 2019 - 4th July 2019
- Reasons to Choose an IVF treatment in India - 4th July 2019
- What is the role of Reputed IVF center or IVF Specialist in IVF Process - 29th June 2019
- 7 Diet Tips for Successful IVF - 29th June 2019
- Fresh embryo transfer Vs FET - 18th May 2019
- Endometrial Scratching in IVF - 18th May 2019
- 6 Tips to Choose the Right IVF Center in India - 3rd May 2019