Testosterone being a male sex hormone, is produced in a woman’s ovaries in small amounts. Hormones continuously changes, sometimes rising or falling. Studies have found the testosterone levels decline with age, both in men and women. But in some cases, opposite happens instead of falling the level of testosterone level rises.
Combined with estrogen, the female sex hormone, testosterone helps with the growth, maintenance, and repair of a woman’s reproductive tissues, bone strength, brain functioning, overall development of lean muscle and human behaviours. It also contributes in the natural wellbeing. It is critical for all women to maintain their testosterone at its optimal levels to retain good health and energy.
Symptoms of higher levels of testosterone:
Higher level of testosterone may lead to unwanted effects on the body of women like higher level of this hormone can result into irregular menstrual cycle.
Unwanted hair growth on chin and upper lips area as testosterone is responsible for hair growth in both men and women.
Increased muscle mass, decreased breast size, oily skin, balding specially around hairline and acne breakouts are some of the identifiable symptoms of high testosterone levels in body.
When combining testosterone and infertility, studies have found that lower levels of testosterone in males can cause infertility. On contrary higher levels of testosterone in females lead to infertility. If you face any of the above-mentioned symptoms it is suggested to visit IVF expert and take necessary steps. There are number of a fertility clinic in India who provide with variety of treatments and IVF expert guidance.
- Fresh embryo transfer Vs FET - 18th May 2019
- Endometrial Scratching in IVF - 18th May 2019
- 6 Tips to Choose the Right IVF Center in India - 3rd May 2019
- 6 Important Steps of a Single IVF Cycle - 3rd May 2019
- Blocked Fallopian Tubes and Ectopic Pregnancy - 11th December 2018
- Benefits of Folic Acid During Pregnancy - 29th November 2018
- Testosterone in Women - 20th November 2018
- Causes and Symptoms of Miscarriages - 16th November 2018
- Does Fertility gets affected by changing Lifestyle - 2nd November 2018
- What is Progesterone Hormone and how it is related to Pregnancy - 26th October 2018