What Do The Sperms Contain?
The sperms contain the set of chromosomes which contain the genes and determine the sex, height, bodily features, and many behavioural characteristics of the baby. The chromosomes come in 23 pairs.
What Can Be The Abnormalities In The Sperm?
The defect on the chromosome affects the shape and size of the sperms. This, in turn, affects the quality of the sperm and its ability to fertilize the egg. Any deviation from the actual shape of the sperm for maximum 30% is considered to be normal.
How Does Sperm Abnormalities Affect Fertility?
The shape of the shape and size of the sperms define the health of the sperm. It helps in identifying whether or not the sperm is capable of fertilizing eggs. If the abnormality in the sperm is more, it can lead to:
- Defects in the childbirth
What Are The Reasons For Abnormalities?
- Inflammation of the testicles
- Swollen veins in the scrotum
- Abnormally developed testicles
How To Identify Infertility Due To Sperm Abnormalities?
- Karyotype: It is a blood test that checks the number and structure of chromosomes.
- Semen analysis: The semen is collected and tested.